Play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II NES Online
Welcome to the classic retro world of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game for NES! Get ready to relive the excitement of the iconic beat'em up that captured the hearts of gamers in the late '80s and early '90s. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the game, covering everything from controls to cheat codes, ensuring you become a true ninja master.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II is a side-scrolling action game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), released in 1990 by Konami. It is based on the animated TV series of the same name and is the sequel to the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NES game. In the game, players control one of the four turtle characters (Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, or Raphael) as they fight their way through various levels filled with enemies and obstacles. The game includes cooperative two-player gameplay, allowing players to switch between turtles at any time. The game features improved graphics and gameplay mechanics compared to its predecessor, including the ability to throw enemies and use team attacks with other turtles. The game also includes boss battles against classic TMNT villains like Bebop and Rocksteady, as well as appearances by April O'Neil and Splinter.
How to Play on NES
- D-Pad: Move your turtle.
- A Button: Attack.
- B Button: Jump.
- Start: Begin the game.
- Select: Choose a turtle (in two-player mode).
- The evil Shredder has kidnapped April O'Neil, and it's up to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to save her and put an end to Shredder's plans.
Graphics and Sound:
- The NES limitations don't hinder the vibrant and colorful portrayal of the Turtles' world. The music is catchy and complements the action-packed gameplay.
- Classic side-scrolling beat'em up action.
- Special attacks vary between turtles.
- Collect pizza for health boosts.
- Defeat enemies to earn points.
Stages and Challenges
Stage 1: Streets of New York
- Battling foot soldiers.
- Avoiding environmental hazards like manholes.
- Experiment with each turtle to find your preferred playstyle.
Stage 2: The Sewers
- Navigating maze-like tunnels.
- Confronting enemies in tight spaces.
- Use ranged attacks when facing enemies in confined areas.
Stage 3: Dam
- Overcoming water-based obstacles.
- Battling enemies on unstable platforms.
- Precision jumps are key; don't rush.
Stage 4: Technodrome
- Confronting powerful boss enemies.
- Avoiding deadly traps.
- Save special attacks for tough boss battles.
Tips & Cheats
Double Jump Trick:
- Press the jump button twice quickly to execute a double jump, handy for dodging attacks.
- Listen for the sound of a ringing bell; it indicates the presence of pizza nearby.
Team Up Attacks:
- Coordinate attacks with a friend in two-player mode for devastating combos.
Utilize Special Attacks:
- Each turtle has a unique special attack; experiment to find the most effective for each situation.
Save Special Attacks for Bosses:
- Conserve special attacks for boss battles for maximum damage.
Master Turtle Switching:
- Learn to switch turtles strategically based on the enemies you're facing.
Watch Out for Manholes:
- In the Streets of New York, be wary of manholes that enemies might emerge from.
Time Your Jumps:
- Precision jumping is crucial, especially in areas with moving platforms.
Keep an Eye on the Timer:
- Complete stages quickly to earn time-based score bonuses.
Pizza Point Scoring:
- Collect pizza not just for health but for additional points to boost your score.
Learn Enemy Patterns:
- Understanding enemy attack patterns helps you anticipate and counter their moves.
Secrets in the Sewers:
- Explore the Sewer stage thoroughly for hidden areas that may contain bonuses.
- Mix up regular attacks and special moves to keep enemies at bay.
Use Environment to Your Advantage:
- In stages like the Dam, use platforms and obstacles to your advantage during fights.
Master the Art of Blocking:
- Blocking attacks is crucial, especially against tougher foes and bosses.
Q: How many continues do I get?
- A: You have a set number of continues, usually three, but you can earn more by reaching certain score thresholds.
Q: Can I change turtles during a stage?
- A: No, you choose your turtle at the start of a game or when continuing.
Q: What happens if I run out of time in a stage?
- A: You lose a life, so manage your time wisely.
Q: Are there differences between the turtles in terms of speed and power?
- A: Yes, each turtle has unique attributes; some are faster, while others are more powerful.
Q: Are there secret areas in the game?
- A: Yes, particularly in the Sewer stage. Explore to find hidden bonuses.
Q: How do I execute special moves?
- A: Press the attack button and jump simultaneously to unleash your turtle's special move.
Q: Can I play the game solo?
- A: Absolutely, but having a friend in two-player mode adds an extra layer of fun and strategy.
Q: What's the best strategy against boss enemies?
- A: Save your special moves for bosses and learn their attack patterns for effective dodging.
Q: Are there cheat codes for extra lives or power-ups?
- A: Yes, check the cheat codes section below for some helpful codes.
Q: Can I change difficulty settings?
- A: No, the game has a fixed difficulty level, but practice and strategy can help you overcome challenges.
Q: How many stages are there in total?
- A: There are six stages, each with its own unique challenges.
Q: Are there differences between the NES version and the arcade version?
- A: While the NES version is a faithful adaptation, some minor differences exist due to hardware limitations.
Q: Can I skip cutscenes or dialogue?
- A: No, the game doesn't allow skipping, so use that time to plan your strategy.
Q: What's the best way to handle groups of enemies?
- A: Use team-up attacks with a friend in two-player mode for crowd control.
Q: Are there alternative routes in any of the stages?
- A: No, the game follows a linear path, but exploring each stage thoroughly is still recommended for bonuses.
Practice Makes Perfect:
- Don't get discouraged if you don't master the game immediately. Practice, learn enemy patterns, and refine your strategy.
Teamwork in Two-Player Mode:
- If playing with a friend, communication is key. Coordinate your moves, especially during boss battles.
Enjoy the Nostalgia:
- Embrace the retro charm of TMNT 2 and savor the nostalgia of a classic gaming experience.
Congratulations, brave ninja! With this guide, you're well-equipped to tackle the challenges of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game. Good luck on your journey to save April and defeat the evil Shredder!